There are many agencies and organisations which may be able to help you. Here we summarise some of these resources. If you have found other useful sources of help, then please contact us so that we can add them to this website.
What government help and benefits are available to jobseekers?
- DirectGov provides general advice to jobseekers
- Government guide to Benefits and Financial Support is the official source of information
- Citizens Advice Bureau guide to Benefits is an alternative source of help
Coping with unemployment
In addition to popping in to our clinic, here are some on-line resources that you may find useful:
- National Careers Service includes useful career profiles, CV builder, training advice etc.
- Prospects provides useful graduate focussed career advice, job-searching information, etc.
|Mind||0845 766 0163|
|Samaritans – National||0845 790 90 90|
|Samaritans – Local||01223 364455|
Debt & Housing
|Saffron Walden Community Debt Advice Service||01799 525112|
|Debt Advice Foundation||0800 043 4050|
|Money Advice Service||0300 500 5000|
|Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau||0844 477 5986|
|CAP – debt counseling||0800 328 006|
|National Debt Line||0808 808 4000|
|Consumer Credit Counselling Service||0800 138 1111|
|Shelter – housing and homelessness||0300 3300 515|